a) “Personal Information” refers to information that allows Signal to identify you, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier, in the course of your accessing and using the Website. Personal information shall be provided by you in case you elect to contact Signal via the contact forms available on the Website for requesting a demo of Signal’s product(s) or for any other matter; it includes name, address, email, telephone number, company/employer, job function, team size.
Signal may also collect Personal Information automatically through your use of the Website, such as IP address, date and daytime of access request, time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), specific site requested, HTTP-status code, amount of data transmitted, the website from which you visit the Website, browser type, operating system and user interface, language and version of browser software. Please refer to the section on Cookies and similar technologies below for more information.
b) Signal may use your Personal Information to:
• Improve your interaction with the Website.
• Notify you of any changes to the Website.
• Communicate with you with respect to Signal’s services and products.
• Send you marketing communication, unless you have requested by written notice that your Personal Information not be used for the purposes of direct marketing.
• Request your participation in surveys related to the Website its services and Signal’s products and administer such surveys.
• For Signal’s business purposes, such as data analysis, usage analytics, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, development of new products and services, improvement of products and services, identification of usage trends, business development, research etc. For these purposes, Signal may de-identify, and/or aggregate with other information, your Personal Information.
c) Signal does not generally share your Personal Information with any third parties. However, your Personal Information may be disclosed in the following circumstances:
• By Signal to third-party service providers, who provide services to Signal such as website hosting, data analysis, usage analytics, business development, functionality development and improvement, information technology, customer support and related infrastructure provision, provided that such service providers have provided Signal with satisfactory assurances of their technical and organizational ability to provide appropriate and sufficient data protection, in accordance with applicable law.
• By Signal to a third party in the event of a merger, sale or transfer of assets, joint venture, assignment, reorganization or bankruptcy or other similar proceedings.
• By Signal to comply with any applicable law, including laws outside of your country of residence or outside of the European Economic Area, to respond to requests from courts, public and/or judicial authorities, which may include such authorities outside of your country of residence or of the European Economic Area to take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend Signal against any third-party claims or allegations.
d) Signal may retain your Personal Information for up to 5 years from its collection or submission.
e) Signal may transfer to, store and use your Personal Information – for troubleshooting, customer support, usage tracking and data storage purposes – in any country where Signal’s related companies, affiliates or third-party service providers are based, even countries outside of the European Economic Area, and which may have lower levels of data protection from those applicable in the European Economic Area. Signal also takes steps to protect Personal Information in the country in which it is stored, used or to which it is transferred and to ensure that that any such data storages, uses and transfers are subject to adequate safeguards.
g) Signal has put in place appropriate technical, organizational and other measures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized or unlawful use and accidental loss or damage and to provide a level of data protection that meets the requirements of applicable law. Such measures also apply to entities directly or indirectly controlling, controlled by or under common control with Signal. However, no data security measures are 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Moreover, if you have reason to believe that your interaction with the Website is no longer secure, please immediately notify Signal at the following address email@example.com
h) You have the right to obtain from Signal confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed and, if that is the case, you have the right to request access to your personal data and to information regarding their processing, such as the recipients of your personal data, the time period for which your personal data will be stored etc. You have the right to request a copy of your personal data under processing, to request the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you, to request the completion of incomplete personal data concerning you, to request the erasure of your personal data, to request the restriction of processing of your personal data, to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to transmit your personal data to another data controller, without hindrance from Signal, to request the direct transmission of your personal data from Signal to another data controller, where technically feasible, to lodge a complaint with the competent Data Protection Authority, to object at any time to the processing of your personal data, to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
i) You acknowledge and agree that all information you submit is truthful and accurate.
l) The Website may include links to third-party websites or applications whose privacy policies may differ from ours. Any information that these third parties collect about you is governed by their respective privacy policies. We suggest that you contact those third parties directly in order to obtain information about their privacy policies.
a) The Website collects information about the use of the Website. Such information may be collected:
(i) through your browser or device;
(ii) through cookies and similar technologies (such as beacons, pixels and tags); cookies contain a small amount of information downloaded to your computer or other device by the server of a website, page or advertisement, which allow the originating website, page or advertisement to recognize your computer or other device on subsequent visits; the Website uses both session-based cookies (which last only while your browser is open) and persistent cookies (enabling authentication, as well as other features, for each time you log on to the Website ), as well as third-party cookies, such as Google Analytics, Microsoft Azure, DoubleClick, subject to the respective service provider’s policies; you may opt-out of third-party cookies on that provider’s respective website; although most browsers accept cookies by default, you are able to set yours to alert you when cookies are being used, as well as to accept or reject cookies; you may also opt-out of all or certain cookies used by the Website, but please note that such opting-out may significantly disrupt your use of the Website and that you may even lose the ability to access the Website; the following types of cookies are used by the Website:
— strictly necessary/essential cookies (i.e. cookies that are necessary in order to enable you to browse the Website),
— performance and analytics cookies (i.e. cookies that are used to collect information about use of the Website as well as for improvement and research of features and services of the Website),
— security cookies (i.e. cookies that are used for the detection of malware and support of Website),
— preference cookies (i.e. cookies that are used for the provision of customized services and features),
— marketing cookies (i.e. cookies that are used for launching and monitoring of marketing campaigns, delivering customized advertising).
(iii) through your use of the Website (including but not limited to date and length of visit, location data, traffic data etc.);
(iv) from you on a voluntary basis, such as information about your geographic and/or commercial preferences; and/or
(v) by aggregating Personal Information, where such information does not personally identify you (collectively, “Electronic Tools”).
b) Signal and their third-party service providers may use information collected through the Electronic Tools for any purpose, such as enhancement of navigation, functionality of the Website, monitoring and analyzing the effectiveness of the Website, as well as aggregating usage metrics, except where Signal is required to do otherwise under applicable law.
c) If Signal combines information collected through Electronic Tools with Personal Information, it will treat the combined information as Personal Information.